Position: Office Manager
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
Status: Full-Time / Hourly / Non-Exempt / Full Benefits
The Office Manager (OM) is responsible for managing all support activities required of the Administrative Staff. These include but are not limited to answering and directing telephone calls, record keeping, accounts payable and support to accounts receivable, bank deposits, purchase and organization of office supplies, filing, report generation, research, registrations, account management, and general clerical assistance to the Staff. The OM supports all Club programs, activities and events. The OM provides guidance for coworkers, volunteers and members regarding administrative functions of the Club, activities and events, as well as policies and procedures. The OM provides operational staffing assistance to the organization as required.
- Associates Degree or 4-year college degree (preferred)
- One-year administrative office or project manager experience (required)
- Previous experience in accounting and finance (desired)
- Previous experience in non-profit, business, marketing, or public relations (desired)
- Ability to pass a background check (required)
- A sense of humor (required)
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
Strong time-management skills to prioritize tasks/deadlines, maintaining a balanced schedule
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently; self-starting and motivated
- Ability to use standard office and information technology equipment (computer, fax, copier)
- Fluent in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to work with diverse personalities in a busy, fast paced environment
- Ability to work with and contribute in a team setting
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable
- Ability to learn membership tracking and donor software
The OM will work primarily in an office setting, with occasional local travel. The work area is located in a high-traffic area, and the OM may be frequently sought for questions and assistance. The OM must be able to lift and move objects of moderate weight, such as office supplies. Occasionally the OM will be tasked to support Club events which may occur within a Club or at an external venue.
- Receive incoming telephone calls, screen, forward, take messages and provide accurate information in a professional, friendly manner
- Process accounts payable, to include performing data entry, reconciling expenses, cutting checks, gaining check signatures, mailing and filing.
- Manage Club expensing processes including credit cards, bank and merchant accounts, point of sale, etc.
- Support accounts receivable to include performing data entry and filing; perform bank deposits and record transaction information as required
- Provide Staff, Board, and Committee communication to include meeting notifications, event advisories, activity notifications, calendar publishing, and other communications as required.
- Efficiently maintain documents to include Staff, Board, and Club files as required.
- Manage office supplies to include stock, inventory, re-order, pick-up, and distribution
- Coordinate Information Technology (IT) support with contracted vendors as required, to include support for computers, printers, phones, fax, and any other IT equipment necessary
- Provide specific project, activity, or event support as directed. Examples include Annual Auction, Staff training, youth programs, Staff events, etc.
- Conduct research in support of Club administrative, Staff, and Board requirements as needed to ensure policy, procedure, and budget.
- Support the organizations Board and Donor stewardship process to include mailings, thank you items, specific communications, and other related administrative items as directed by the Chief Executive Officer.
- Serve as a positive force in the organization by providing effective communication with Staff, Board, members and volunteers
- Other duties as assigned
- Adhere to all policies and procedures published by the Martha’s Vineyard Boys & Girls Club.
- Maintain a clean work environment throughout the Administrative Staff areas
- Provide organization front counter interaction as required and as it affects administrative functions
Maintain positive and friendly interaction with all individuals who come in contact with the Martha’s Vineyard Boys & Girls Club.
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org