Commonwealth Corps STEAM Fellows
The Martha’s Vineyard Boys & Girls Club and the Commonwealth Corps are partnering to provide two volunteers with internships critical to youth development on the island. Members will serve between August 22, 2022, and June 23, 2023.
The newly created service internship position of STEAM Fellow will help the Club to fulfill our mission to enable all island youth, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as innovative, caring, and responsible citizens. These positions will allow the Club to expand its youth development and after-school programming.
The Commonwealth Corps is a state-funded service internship program administered by the Massachusetts Service Alliance. The program’s mission is to engage Massachusetts residents of all ages and backgrounds in direct service to strengthen communities, address critical needs, and increase volunteerism. Members will serve in a stipend capacity from 8/22/2022 – 6/23/2023. Benefits include a focus on member training and development, as well as a semi-monthly stipend, a completion award, an inspiring network of fellow members, and other benefits and supports.
In addition to providing direct service, Corps members build capacity, and recruit, organize and mobilize additional volunteers, thus creating a grass roots movement of volunteers dedicated to service and volunteerism.
Click the button below to read the full position description, qualifications, and benefits.
Term of Service
– Position Start Date: August 22, 2022
– Position End Date: June 23, 2023
– Service commitment will be 40 (full-time) hours per week during the following days/times:
– Monday-Friday, 11AM to 6PM; plus 1-2 evenings per month scheduled with advance notice; and 1-2 weekend days per service year, scheduled with advance notice.
– To apply, submit a cover letter and resume addressed to Dhakir Warren, Executive Director, MV Boys & Girls Club email@example.com
– Applications will be accepted on rolling basis.
– Accepted members will be required to undergo a background check.
Martha’s Vineyard Boys & Girls Club will recruit and select persons in all positions to ensure a diverse and inclusive climate without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, color, political affiliation, creed, national origin, marital status, or any other status as protected by federal, state, and local laws. Martha’s Vineyard Boys & Girls Club welcomes applications from individuals with disabilities and will make reasonable accommodations for interviews and service upon request.