Get the professional experience you need, make a positive impact on the lives of children, and enjoy a great summer on the beautiful Island of Martha’s Vineyard!
The Martha’s Vineyard Boys & Girls Club (Edgartown, Massachusetts) offers a supervised, professional internship experience to highly motivated college juniors and seniors enrolled in a degree-granting College program.
- 13 weeks (end of May to end of August)
Pay, Hours, & Amenities
- $220 weekly stipend
- Weekly schedules will include a minimum of 40 hours of professional work
- On property parking is provided
- Uniform is provided
- Interns who bring a vehicle (recommended) will be reimbursed for ferry costs
Basic Job Duties (overall duties may vary according to the intern’s area of specialization)
- Participate in the planning and execution of youth programs and events
- Participate in the planning and execution of special events and fundraisers
- Complete a major project: plan and execute a themed family event
- Welcome members and guest, and maintain the check-in desk
- Perform various administrative tasks
- Produce press releases and perform public relations activities
- Perform various facility management and maintenance activities
Explore our Website to learn more about our programs
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to Chris Roberts – Program Director at Chris@mvbgclub.org. Please insert “Internship Program” in the Subject line.
Who’s interned at the Club?
Peter Lambos (Summer 2007)
School: Slippery Rock University – Class of 2007
Major: Resort Recreation Management & Tourism
Where is he now?: Peter served as Executive Director of the Martha’s Vineyard Boys & Girls Club from 2007-2016. He is currently the General Manager of the Martha’s Vineyard Ice Arena.
Bridget Kelly (Summer 2016)
School: Johnson & Wales University – Class of 2017
Major: Sports, Entertainment and Event Management