SMART Girls helps girls develop toward healthy attitudes.
SMART Girls is a small-group health, fitness, prevention/education and self-esteem enhancement program designed to meet the developmental needs of girls in three age groups, spanning ages 8 to 18. Through dynamic sessions, participatory activities, field trips and mentoring opportunities with adult women, Club girls explore their own and societal attitudes and values as they build skills for eating right, staying physically fit, getting good health care and developing positive relationships with peers and adults.
Martha’s Vineyard Boys & Girls Club Open House on Thursday, January 30 from 6:00-7:00 PM and Thursday, February 6th, 6:00 pm-7:00 pm to introduce our newest program… SMART GIRLS!
SMART GIRLS is a 12-week program that educates girls about healthy attitudes and lifestyles. The program is designed for bracketed age groups: 8-10, 11-13, and 14-18 years of age. Depending upon the age of your daughter, the program may address the following issues:
Depending upon the age of your daughter, the program may address the following issues:
• Physical and emotional change and growth, particularly as regards puberty
• Self-Esteem, body image, and the influence of media on both
• Healthy eating, and eating disorders
• Importance of physical fitness and exercise
• Reproductive health, including STD and pregnancy prevention and the importance of regular health exams, as well as healthcare connection (older age groups)
• Personal Values and social interaction, and social media
• Healthy relationships with friends and family
• Dating responsibility (older groups)
The program will run every Thursday from 6:00-7:00 PM, from February 6th through May 7th (excluding February 28 & April 21 which are school vacation days).
sign up for the orientation, or for more information, please email Danielle@mvbgclub.org. Thank you!