SMART Girls helps girls develop toward healthy attitudes, and can happen both VIRTUALLY and IN-PERSON.
SMART Girls is a small-group health, fitness, prevention/education and self-esteem enhancement program designed to meet the developmental needs of girls in three age groups, spanning ages 8 to 18. Through dynamic sessions, participatory activities, field trips and mentoring opportunities with adult women, Club girls explore their own and societal attitudes and values as they build skills for eating right, staying physically fit, getting good health care and developing positive relationships with peers and adults.
SMART GIRLS is a 12-week program that educates girls about healthy attitudes and lifestyles. The program is designed for bracketed age groups: 8-10, 11-13, and 14-18 years of age. Depending upon the age of your daughter, the program may address the following issues:
Depending upon the age of your daughter, the program may address the following issues:
• Physical and emotional change and growth, particularly as regards puberty
• Self-Esteem, body image, and the influence of media on both
• Healthy eating, and eating disorders
• Importance of physical fitness and exercise
• Reproductive health, including STD and pregnancy prevention and the importance of regular health exams, as well as healthcare connection (older age groups)
• Personal Values and social interaction, and social media
• Healthy relationships with friends and family
• Dating responsibility (older groups)
Continue to check back in to see when SMART Girls will happen next!